- What are cookies?
- Cookie types
- Cookies used by geoteam.be
- Enabling, disabling and removing cookies
geoteam.be (https://www.geoteam.be/) uses its own cookies (first-party cookies) and cookies of third parties whose services are offered on the website (third-party cookies).
We explain how we use these cookies below.
Please note that some media are not available if you do not accept the related cookies.
2. What are cookies?
A cookie is a simple, small file containing personal data that is sent with the pages of fujioilghana.com and saved by your browser to the hard disk of your computer or other device. The next time you visit our website, the browser returns the data in the cookie to our server or the server of the third party in question.
The term ‘cookie’ also encompasses scripts. These are sets of instructions carried out to ensure our website functions optimally.
Lastly, ‘cookie’ also encompasses web beacons, pixel tags and social media cookies. These are used to integrate various social networks into geoteam.be. That’s because embedded third-party elements, meaning content stored at a third party, can be displayed on our website. The buttons on the webpages can also be used to share the contents of geoteam.be through social networks. Facebook, Google+, WhatsApp, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Disqus and Twitter are examples of social networks.
Functional cookies are processed on the basis of legitimate interest, as they are needed to ensure geoteam.be is secure and functions properly. Other cookies will not be used by geoteam.be without your consent.
3. Cookie types
First-party cookies are placed on the website by geoteam.be.
Third-party cookies are placed on the website by third parties, mainly when geoteam.be integrates elements from other websites.
3.2. Duration of storage:
Permanente cookies are stored on your device until the cookie expires. They are accessed every time you visit geoteam.be.
Session cookies are used to recognise and link user actions during a single browser session. These cookies are stored in a temporary memory when you access our website. Session cookies are removed when you close your browser session.
Functional cookies are essential for all parts of the website to work. These are needed to ensure geoteam.be is secure and works properly, including such functions as load balancing (distribution of requests to a webserver across multiple computers) and user interface preferences (language and how search results are displayed). These cookies can be stored on your device without your consent.
Non-functional cookies are stored for analytical, social and commercial purposes. They do not have any technical support function and do not meet the criteria for exemption from the consent obligation. These cookies will only be stored on your device with your consent.
(Non-functional) technical cookies ensure your user preferences are taken into account. This makes geoteam.be easy to access and means you do not have to enter the same information every time you visit the site.
Analytical cookies provide information about how you use geoteam.be. A statistical analysis is conducted on the basis of the information collected to improve the structure, navigation, content and user experience of geoteam.be.
Online advertising is personalised with marketing cookies. Both geoteam.be and third parties gain insight into how campaigns are performing from a profile created on the basis of what you click and where you go on the website.
These also include social media cookies. These cookies enable social network buttons to be integrated into the website. The buttons are controlled by a code originating from the social network in question. This is a handy way to like or pin web pages to promote them.
geoteam.be has no control over how data collected by social network cookies integrated into geoteam.be is used. For more information, see the privacy statement of the relevant social networks in the active cookie list below. Note that a privacy statement can be amended by the relevant social network at any time.
4. Cookies used by geoteam.be
4.1 Functional & statistical cookies
- Description: This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots.
- Description: This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
- Duration: 2 years
4.2 Analytical Cookies
- Description: This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the wbsite is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages viisted in an anonymous form.
- Duration: 1 day
- Description: This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. It appears to be a variation of the _gat cookie which is used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites.
- Duration: 1 minute
- Description: This cookie is used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. It tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
- Duration: Session
- Description: Hotjar cookie. This cookie is set when the customer first lands on a page with the Hotjar script. It is used to persist the Hotjar User ID, unique to that site on the browser. This ensures that behavior in subsequent visits to the same site will be attributed to the same user ID.
- Duration: 1 year
- Description: Hotjar cookie. This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate funnels.
- Duration: 1 year
- Description: When the Hotjar script executes we try to determine the most generic cookie path we should use, instead of the page hostname. This is done so that cookies can be shared across subdomains (where applicable). To determine this, we try to store the _hjTLDTest cookie for different URL substring alternatives until it fails. After this check, the cookie is removed.
4.3 Advertisement Cookies
- Description: Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.
- Duration: Session
- Description: The cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisments to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.
- Duration: 3 months
- Description: This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver advertisement when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website.
- Duration: 3 months
Cookies may only be stored on your device without your consent if a visit to geoteam.be is impossible without them or the service offered by geoteam.be requires them. In all other cases, we will not store any cookies without your consent.
You give this consent the first time you visit geoteam.be and click “Accept all cookies”. You can also set your preferences by clicking “Manage cookies”. Here you can opt to accept only certain types of cookie.
6. Enabling and disabling cookies
In your browser you can automatically or manually remove cookies and set your preferences with regard to which cookies you accept. You can also set your browser to display an alert when a website tries to store a cookie. For more information, see your browser’s help function.
Important! geoteam.be may not function properly if you disable cookies. If you remove cookies, you will be asked for your consent to accept them the next time you visit geoteam.be.
Contact geoteam.be with any queries or comments you have about this cookie statement at:
1502 Lembeek (Halle)